- What on earth was Madonna wearing? That in itself says something in my opinion. She was running around in a lavendar leotard!! May be she wanted to show off her muscular legs? Her hair looked healthy though. Kinda like the new cut.
- Kelly Clarson as a blonde? Hmmm . . . . . not sure if it was a wise decision on her part.
- What was going on with Chris Martin's hair? Think he needs a haircut.
- Loved Alicia Keys and Stevie Wonder's impromptu duet of Higher Ground. Must see which of my friends have some of his CDs so I can borrow them.
- U2 and Mary J. Blige sing One: she sang it with so much raw powerful emotion, it was amazing!
- Sir Paul McCartney totally blew me away. The man was brilliant! His performance of Helter Skelter was fantastic. He totally wooed me!!! Cannot believe he is in his mid 60s.
- I thought the tribute to New Orleans was well done, and not just because Edge was in it :).
- CANNOT BELIEVE they cut off Larry's acceptance speech for Album of the Year! He never says anything, and on the rare occasion when he wants to say something, they play that stupid music! That was very upsetting.
- U2 medley of Vertigo and One - ok, I know they don't have time to perform 2 songs, but the arrangement bothered me for some reason, and I'm not sure why. I guess the formula just didn't do it for me. Perhaps it would have been best if they had just played one song, be it Vertigo or One. That probably would have made more of an impact.
- I might be a John Legend fan now.
What a night, what a show!!

3 comments:
I didn't really watch the Grammy's much. I did see Madonna's outfit...I tuned out. I too think you wore that outfit to show off her thighs...but then she works out for hours, so she's gotta show off those gams. Chris so needs a haircut, I couldn't place him at first. I have always been a fan of Sir Paul McCartney (and the Beatles) and I always will be a fan. With Mary J. and U2's performance, I too felt something was off. I would have liked if they had sung Vertigo and another song from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb though.
I meant to say: I too think SHE wore that outfit...
Should also note, Edge had so much energy during Vertigo! There was mucho hip action :). He looked rested.
Post a Comment