Saturday, February 25

Nobel Prize

Bono was nominated for the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize for his work to "Make Poverty History." So proud, so proud! He has an ego bigger than the planet Jupiter, but I love and respect his advocacy work. To say the nomination is an honour is an understatement in my opinion. Bono is up against 190-something other nominees, so that's pretty stiff competition. I'm not familiar with the other nominees, but because I follow U2 I know all that Bono has done to fight AIDS and poverty on the African continent.

Unfortunately, we won't know until October. Nobel Peace Prize winners include Jimmy Carter, Kofi Annan, David Trimble, Mother Theresa, Desmond Tutu, Aung San Suu Kyi, Martin Luther King, Mikhail Gorbachev, Teddy Roosevelt, Yitzhak Rabin, and Nelson Mandela. I wouldn't mind being a member of this club :).

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Some day you will be! And I will throw you a party when you are! Or, you can throw a party for yourself. Either way.

Carolina said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so sweet :).

Right now I'll settle for making ends meet! LOL!