It's important. I was scheduled to go to NY Thursday January 26th, until I received some rather upsetting news. Do not think I'm ready to elaborate here just yet. I was livid, disappointed, and my energy had been sucked dry by powerful forces.
About two hours later, my boss asked me to proof some documents for an upcoming presentation. I read them, provided feedback, and proceeded to once again feel sorry for myself. Yup, I was pretty bummed. He came back into my office and said my edits were "really good." Honestly, I could NOT believe it. A few days later, he told me I was "bright," and that I would "do well." I think I blushed just a wee bit :) .
Constructive criticism too, is beneficial and often necessary. However, we must know where to draw the line, because if it is not given in conjunction with positive reinforcement, it can be internalized in a negative manner. After all, no one is perfect. Knowing how to convey constructive criticism is fundamental.
There is nothing like positive reinforcement from family, friends, colleagues, and bosses to elevate one's self-esteem, give us that extra energy in our daily lives, and make that gleam in our eyes just a tad brighter :).
Wednesday, February 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm shocked you haven't mentioned that U2 won 5/5 grammys!
Work has been hectic! Just you wait, it's coming soon!!
Post a Comment