Catherine and I watched at Cafe Citron in Dupont Circle, a compact and crowded hub for the internationally inclined. The Argentines dominated Citron, and given that I am vertically challenged, also had to step on my tip toes for parts of the match.
Goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri got injured and was replaced by Leonardo Franco. Poor Roberto and Leonardo, I would not want to be in their shoes.
Klinsmann, the head coach for Germany. . . meow!! Podolski, German striker, also hot!!
It's so nerve-wrecking when matches boil down to penalties . . . especially when the starting goalkeeper gets carried off on a stretcher. The timeless debate then ensues, as to whether or not penalties are an appropriate means of deciding the winner of the match.
We were rooting for Albiceleste, and it was really sad to see them go. Unfortunately, they themselves were unwilling to accept the loss and became rather confrontational.
If Roberto had not gotten injured, they could have advanced . . . well. . . maybe. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment