Sunday, June 25

Argentina 2 - 1 Mexico aet




Catherine and I watched at an international bar/dance club in Dupont Circle, which was a nice change from the Irish bar. I got there just as the game was about to start, and it was very crowded. I'm sure the fire department would not have approved.

Little Mexico was out in full force cheering, and they clearly outnumbered the Argentines. I've lived in DC for a few years now, and I don't think I've ever seen so many Mexicans in one bar in Washington. It actually gave me LA flashbacks :).

We had a feeling that Argentina would win, but I didn't think it would go into extra time, or that Mexido would play so well. Crespo, who plays for Chelsea in England, and Maxi Rodrguez scored a goal each for Argentina. Rafael Marquez hit a goal for Mexico in the first five minutes of the match.

The Argentina fans where chanting victoriously, but it was no match for the rowdyness and horn-blowing displayed by the Mexican fans throughout the match.

No comments: