Tuesday, November 1

LA comes to Washington

I was running VERY LATE to see my eye doctor last Wednesday Oct. 26 when the funniest thing happened. I was heading up to Van Ness and I missed the H2 bus, so I had to take the H4 and transfer to the Red Line. Did I mention that I was running late? When I got to the Metro Station I realized that there were people waiting at the top of the escalator. My first thought was that a passenger had attempted the worst and as a result the station was now closed.

I asked someone in the group what was going on, and she said that they were filming a movie. Automatically I had flashbacks of my hometown, but I had somewhere to be, so I wanted to know how soon I could hop on the Metro. I proceeded deeper into the Metro station, and as I got closer to the ticket machines I noticed the camera crew. One of the members of the crew had a USC hat, which brought a huge smile to my face, and for folks who may not know, that's the University of Southern California, aka the Trojans. Now now, let's get our mind out of the gutters.

My sister used to work at SC, and my brother's closet is full of Trojan attire. There football team has done very well these past few years. OK, back to my story. I asked the young gentleman with the Trojan cap what movie was being filmed. He said they were filming, "The Visiting," which to me meant nothing really, so I asked who was in it. He replied, Nicole Kidman, and some actor whose name escapes me at the moment.

I immediately went into the "OMG, I have to meet Nicole" mode. I literally ran down the escalator in hopes of meeting her. What would I say? Naturally I couldn't remember what movies I had seen her in since God only knows when. All I was able to think of was, "I loved you in Far and Away," and given that she was in that with ex-hubby Tom Cruise, I'm sure she would have LOVED that! Got to the platform, and I looked all over the place for her. Unfortunately she was no where to be seen. They probably took her away the minute we mere mortals were allowed to descend upon the platform. Yes, I was pretty disappointed. Should note: the episode made me feel somewhat homesick.

By the time I got to my doctor's office, he had already left for the day. Tortureous opthamalogical procedures were postponed until Friday.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Gah! I miss LA sometimes! Too bad you didn't see Nicole. I think she hides from her adoring fans.

Oh yeah, FIGHT ON USC!! WE ROCK.

-a Trojan

Carolina said...

I CAN HEAR THE TRUMPETS NOW!!!