Thursday, November 10

GOBLET OF FIRE opens November 18!!




OMG, I am so excited!!! The previews look asbsolutely fantastic: the costumes, the Yule Ball, the action sequences. I wanted to re-read the book before I saw the movie, but I believe it's in the attic and our pull-down stairs have not been installed yet, and I am REALLY afraid to use the ladder. I did try the other day, and there was a significant gap between the last step that you are SUPPOSED to be on the ladder and the attic. Yes, I am quite short.

If my memory serves me correctly, I bought Goblet of Fire in London. Sigh! I remember reading it on the Tube on the way to work. No one talks on the Tube, everyone reads, so reading Goblet during rush hour made me feel like quite the Londoner :). The Piccadilly Line took me straight to work, and it was also one of the lines where explosions occurred on the 7th of July. My heart broke that day, especially when I vividly recalled how deep below ground the Piccadilly Line ran, and how small and cramped the tunnels were. King's Cross station had the most casualties, and it is also the station where students catch the Hogwartz Express.

It would be nice to find another Potter fan to see it with, but I can't think of anyone really. For Goblet this year, I may be one of the folks queueing outside the theatre dressed in full Hogwartz academic garb! Right, must go to Diagon Alley in London to purchase dress robes, spellbooks, and may be even a new wand!

No comments: