
Here's the list of nominations:
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
The Emancipation of Mimi – Mariah Carey
Chaos And Creation in The Backyard – Paul McCartney
Love Angel Music Baby – Gwen Stefani
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb – U2
Late Registration – Kanye West
If it goes to Mariah Carey I will vomit.
SONG OF THE YEAR (Songwriters award)
Bless The Broken Road – Rascal Flatts
Devils & Dust – Bruce Springsteen
Ordinary People – John Legend
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – U2
We Belong Together – Mariah Carey
If it goes to Mariah Carey will most definately vomit. Bono wrote "Sometimes..." for his father Bob who died of cancer during the European Leg of the Elevation Tour. It's such a beautiful song, especially live.
BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCAL
Speed of Sound – Coldplay
Best of You – Foo Fighters
Do You Want To – Franz Ferdinand
All These Things That I’ve Done – The Killers
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – U2
I like Coldplay, I really do, and "Speed of Sound" is fantastic. Coldplay did well this past year, so I think it's time to start praying.
BEST ROCK SONG (Songwriters award)
Best of You – Foo Fighters
Beverly Hills – Weezer
City of Blinding Lights – U2
Devils & Dust – Bruce Springsteen
Speed of Sound – Coldplay
"City" vs. "Speed"....hmm......cannot seem to remember the last time I went to church.......
BEST ROCK ALBUM
X&Y – Coldplay
In Your Honor – Foo Fighters
A Bigger Bang – The Rolling Stones
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb – U2
Prairie Wind – Neil Young
Coldplay vs. U2, OMG!! Note to self - start attending Protestant and Catholic services ASAP....also find convenient Reform synagogue and pray there as well......I'm so nervous I cannot remember what the other world religions are.....Budhism........Hinduism......Islam......, well, I think that covers a lot of territory.......
Oh I almost forgot, the producer of "The Bomb" also received a nomination. Steve Lillywhite you rock!!

3 comments:
I sense perhaps that you are a U2 fan...?
DAHLING, may I refer you to the October archives? LOL!!
The Grammy's are tomorrow night! OH MY GOD!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!! AM A TOTAL NERVOUS WRECK!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment