Thursday night, on the 8th of November, an attractive African-American couple came to the restaurant. It had been a busy night and I was completely exhausted when they walked in and the gracious gentlemen said, "Table for two please." I checked his date's coat, complimented her on her really cute top, and asked them to have a seat at the bar while I looked to see where I could seat them.
We were no longer seating the main dinning room, so I went to another section to see what was available. Unfortunately I only saw deuces, which may or may not be comfortable depending on the build of the guest. If given a choice, I don't think I would want to sit at a deuce, and I'm kinda petite.
I went back to the bar, brought them to the open section, and showed them what was available. They did not like the first table, but picked one of the deuces on the platform instead. Unfortunately the server had not fully reset the table, most likely because he was overwhelmed, so I quickly added silverware and apologized. If anyone in Management is reading this, please do not panic! They were very gracious and understanding. We need more guests with this temperament to frequent us :).
As I looked at this mysterious gentleman, who made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, I thought, "You look and sound sooo familiar," and a few moments later said to myself, "Was that Jerry Rice?" Nah, it couldn't be, after all, why on earth would he be in Washington?
About 10 minutes later, Bobby, one of the servers, asked the manager on duty, "Did you see who is sitting in the @#$%&? That's Jerry Rice!" Naturally I had an OMG moment, squeezed Bobby's arm, and started jumping up and down. I quickly texted my brother and a few male friends. The manager did not know who he was, so I proceeded to give her my "take" on Jerry Rice.
He spent almost his entire career with the San Francisco 49ers, and he was Quarterback Steve Young's favourite receiver. Jerry also played with the legendary Joe Montana, who I must admit, I had a tiny crush on, I think it was his smile and baby-blue eyes :) . They let Jerry go because he got old. San Francisco was stupid and ungrateful, but I love that he was picked up by their rival, the Oakland Raiders. My brother has loved the Raiders ever since I can remember.
Jerry finished his career as a Raider, but I think he should have had the opportunity to retire as a 49er. He gave so much to that franchise, and they would not have accomplished as much without him. Yes, the whole situation gets quite the rise out of me!
He was also on "Dancing with the Stars". The man had a lovely waltz :).
Friday, November 16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment