Friday, May 19

Further signs of aging

In reference to You know you're getting old when back in January, here are some additional signs of aging:

  1. People tell you that you look your age. NOO!!!!!
  2. attempting to plan bridal showers/bachelorette parties for gal pals, and feel arteries clotting from stress
  3. you continue to receive pictures of your friends' offspring
  4. receive invitiations to BABY SHOWERS!
  5. start looking for wrinkles
  6. notice a gray hair or two
  7. telling friends the world does NOT end when they turn 30. Hopefully they shall reciprocate.
  8. friends are buying houses and condos - which only makes you realize that you will continue to rent for a VERY long time
  9. people ask, "Are you married?"
  10. try to establish a sleep schedule
  11. have several married couples as friends
  12. someone asks, "Are you a mother?"
  13. various types of reunions emerge - such as 10-year high school reunion, and wonder if some people are as obnoxious today as they were then
  14. referring friends to other friends for home repair advice
  15. noticing the physical and emotional aging of parents - they start to tell you they aren't going to be around forever, some even hinting that you will be taking care of them, possibly soon
  16. you know when it's the best time to go to Home Depot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and I share similar feelings about this. Except I feel like everyone around me is aging and I'm not. I feel younger than I ever have. Maybe it's because they're taking on more responsibilities than I am...marriage, kids? That's what your thirties are for.

Carolina said...

Let's never get old!!!