Monday, April 24

Check out the cover of this week's Economist

I subscribe to The Economist for various reasons. I love how they sum up the week for you, just in case you didn't have time to watch the news or read the paper. The major developements from across the globe are broken down by region: US, The Americas, Asia, Middle East and Africa, Europe, Britain. If you favour one region of the world, ie. Europe, you can read that one first and ignore the rest, or prioritize according to your busy schedule.

Yes, The Economist has different sections for Europe and Britain, a debate which I can talk about in-depth on another occasion :). It's a British publication, please note extensive Anglophelia, and I especially adore its witty tone and analysis.

I also subscribe because my professors in graduate school told me to, and in life post-university, (still cannot believe uni is over, oh god, oh god), it helps to stimulate my brain.

Did I metion that it makes me laugh, not only through it's political cartoons in the first few pages, but through the covers as well? Take a look at this week's for example:


April 22nd-28th 2006

Honestly, I just could NOT stop laughing. The folks in London are just brilliant, absolutely brilliant! I love you London!! Top Democrats in Mariachi costumes, with musical instruments, crossing the border despite bullet-holed highway signs .... it's hilarious!!

I'm just not sure who the guy is behind Dean and Hillary. Shame on me! I also want to see what George Clooney will star in next :).

Now for the question posed: Can the Democrats get their act together? Oh hell yeah baby! Bring it, Bring it on!

I think I'm going to make a copy and send it to Elizabeth in Burkina.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I love the Economist!

Carolina said...

What's your take on the cover?