Friday, April 28

Charlie Update

Here is the latest. It was posted on his website.


UPDATE FROM CHARLIE ROSE, APRIL 25, 2006

I arrived from Paris today. I'll spend a day at the hospital for check-ups and then I'll go home for recovery. I very much want to thank Dr. Alain Carpentier and some extraordinary doctors and nurses at The Georges-Pompidou European Hospital. They saved my life and I am forever grateful. They tell me my heart's in great shape, perhaps better than it's been in a long, long time. I won't set a specific time for return. I'll let the recovery process dictate that.

Once again, thank you to everybody who has been generous in their love and concern. I look forward to responding to letters and emails sent to me, and at the appropriate time, coming back to the show. It goes without saying that the staff of my program and the people who have come in to do segments have been magnificent.

Thanks. We'll talk to you soon,

Charlie


The words of a man whose life has been forever changed by unforeseen events.

No comments: