
After a gruelling 60-hour work week, I mustered the energy to see my men on IMAX down on the National Mall. You normally wouldn't have to drag me to see anything U2, but after 12 hours of sleep, I was still experiencing massive fatigue.
I hadn't done my homework so I didn't know much about it, nor did I have the time or desire to find a friend that loves the band as much as I do to go with me, so I went by myself.
U23D was a compilation of South American shows from the Vertigo Tour. It was like being at a concert again, with a much better view, and Bono and Edge directly in front of you. Edge looked adorable as always :). I wanted to jump up and down even though I was tired, but everyone in the IMAX theatre just sat there, wearing their 3D-glasses, motionless. Bono's Spanish wasn't too bad, and love that they showed the UN Declaration of Human Rights in Espanol as well. I certainly hope the band plans to release this compilation on DVD.
Looks as though U23D will be on the National Mall for a while, so I definitely want to see it again, with company or by myself, it doesn't matter. Some folks clapped at the end, which I normally think is silly, but this time I almost joined in myself :).

No comments:
Post a Comment